vendredi 20 mars 2015

Getting started with databases

I am currently a front end developer. I know HTML and CSS pretty well, I'm OK with jQuery and know some Vanilla JS. I have an idea for a website I want to create where I will be storing data for products (data that I will be grabbing from various websites around the web). It's basically a help me choose application where the user will go through some steps and be given some choices based on their selections. This site is nothing new, but it's more for learning purposes/portfolio work.


Most of my co-workers use ASP.NET and I've seen that you can setup a website like this using ASP.NET and the provided server controls along with C#, however, I want to take another route that allows me to do the same thing NOT using ASP.NET (C# is OK and preferred if that is possible) in that I can grab data, store data, and bind data to my page.


In addition to this, I would like to do this on the Mac.


Here's a list of things I have looked at:



  • MongoDB (I was really confused by the setup and didn't read anywhere that this would definitely be the solution).

  • AngularJS

  • EmberJS

  • BackboneJS

  • Several other JS frameworks

  • Ruby on Rails


Note about the above: Some of the above might be the solution, but I don't want to start spending time learning them only to realize a week in that this is not going to help me get to my goal.


If this post would be better suited for another stack site please let me know. Thank you.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire