lundi 27 juin 2016

Displaying Errors on Unsuccessful Save with Ember

I have a route for new-thing and it's template is a form. When this form submits, I call a createThing action in the route, passing in this.

export default Ember.Route.extend({
  model() {
    return {};
  },

  actions: {
    createThing(thing) {
      let thingToSave = this.store.createRecord('thing', {
        name: thing.name,
        description: thing.description
      });

      thingToSave.save().then(function() {
         // happy path
      }).catch(function(reason) {
        // unhappy path
      });
    }
  }
});

In my template, I have the following:


  <div class="error">
    
  </div>


But something isn't quite wired up right. I'm unclear on how the route's model ends up being the thing I'm trying to save so that the errors will render when the bad path triggers.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire