jeudi 17 janvier 2019

How to autoplay a video in ember.js in Chrome

I have a very very simple ember app.

In my application.hbs, I only have the following code (no other routes or templates)

<video autoplay loop muted playsinline>
  <source src="https://res.cloudinary.com/dthskrjhy/video/upload/v1545324364/ASR/Typenex_Dandelion_Break_-_Fade_To_Black.mp4">
</video>



The problem is that I cannot get this video to autoplay on Chrome. Initially, this seemed like a Chrome specific issue, but even after following this popular question, the top answer does not fix my problem.

Even more, if I create a simple html page, this video autoplays on Chrome and as well as any other browser. Thus, I can only recreate this problem from an ember application.

Also note that if I were to open the autoplay video from a seperate route (i.e. I change to a new page and come back), the autoplay now works. Thus this problem only occurs when the app first loads. I can't find any popular components that can substitute.

I'm curious how I can get this video to autoplay when opening Chrome for the first time.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire