vendredi 21 août 2015

How to build an Ember app without ember-cli

What are the steps to build (not how to make) and Ember +1.13 app? This is processing Emblem templates, compiling the app/ directory with addons and deploying to dist/ along with libraries (jQuery and other bower-fetched components). I have relied too much in ember-cli so I am not sure whether the above is a complete picture of the process.

Rationale

ember-cli is the Ember's blessed way to build Ember applications. Before that people used Yeoman generators or built their own pipelines or CLI tools. Unfortunately, these are all deprecated / outdated now.

I admit ember-cli has many useful features (building, generators, file watcher, incremental rebuilds, server, etc) but I am experiencing extremely slow rebuild times in my app and can't afford flash storage for each individual in my team so instead of mitigating the issue with a workaround, I would like to experiment building the application myself (writing my own script) and then evaluate whether it is worth it or not.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire