jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Ember dynamic query parameters

I have what I believe to be common but complicated problem to model. I've got a product configurator that has a series of buttons. Every time the user clicks on a button (corresponding to a change in the product configuration), the url will change, essentially creating a bookmarkable state to that configuration. The big caveat: I do not get to know what configuration options or values are until after app initialization.

I'm modeling this using EmberCLI. After much research, I don't think it's a wise idea to try to fold these directly into the path component, and I'm looking into using the new Ember query string additions. That should work for allowing bookmarkability, but I still have the problem of not knowing what those query parameters are until after initialization.

What I need is a way to allow my Ember app to query the server initially for a list of parameters it should accept. On the link above, the documentation uses the parameter 'filteredArticles' for a computed property. Within the associated function, they've hard-coded the value that the computed property should filter by. Is it a good idea to try to extend this somehow to be generalizable, with arguments? Can I even add query parameters on the fly? I was hoping for an assessment of the validity of this approach before I get stuck down the rabbit hole with it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire