lundi 23 janvier 2017

MV*? Which framework would you choose

Sorry first of all, if this does not belong here, but as I wasn't that active for some time so I wasn't sure it if would be suitable for Meta...

My question is more a which framework should I choose, or should I even use one, or which one would you choose?

My background/project history:

I'm very good at html, css and jquery, but never really looked into mvc frameworks such as ember, angular or react. I know of the mvc concept, and I've also researched a lot over the past few weeks and I do understand the basic principle behind it, but as I said never really jumped into it.

Now I've wrote a simple single web-app which is basically polling a backend via AJAX and reacting to it. For example I request information like username, status of the backend and I render certain pages( login,overview of the app, detailview,...) depending on what status the backend returns.

This project is suprisingly running very well, but I'm not very happy with the way it has turned out. For example I do have multiple AJAX polling via setTimeout, memory leaks due to event listeners being active even if they element is not present at the moment,... .

It's just spaghetti code jquery wise and even the css and html is not as I think it has to be to be up to date.

So now I do want to refactor the whole thing and bring it into the year 2017 or at least 2015.

I've looked into angular,ember and react and somehow every framework has there benefits but also disadvantages.

My goals:

What I would like to do is, use some way of templating my html files, using less for css and somehow modularize(is it even a word?) my whole javascript.

So my question would be, have you worked with any of those frameworks and can you somehow identify some projects you did in the past that would be comparable to mine?

Also I'm kind of getting the grip of grunt and other build tools, so any suggestions to articles etc would be also appreciated :-)

Thanks to everybody that contributes!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire