mercredi 27 avril 2016

Has Ember.js fallen idle? [on hold]

I'm currently using Ember for a startup project and the changelog during the past year really isn't reassuring.

Indeed, as the list shows, the vast majority of changes during the past year are prefixed with [BUGFIX], [CLEANUP] and other similar tags, but almost no [FEATURE] ones. We've been waiting for angle bracket components for a very long time already and there aren't any news on the subject. It's totally fine to dedicate some time to refactoring and cleanup, but doing that almost exclusively for 1 year is, to me, a big problem.

Another worrying fact is that nobody seems to care about this situation, based on the absence of discussions about that on the web. All of the excitement seem to be around the React ecosystem, which I'm more and more considering. Not for the hype reasons, but more as a business decision: as a CTO, I don't want my code to be locked in a framework that could potentially be blocking or slowing us down and I'm thus more and more leaning towards the libraries approach. Furthermore, React Native looks super promising and is pushing me even more to reconsider using Ember.

What are your reactions (no pun intended) on this ?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire