samedi 1 décembre 2018

Combining Ember REST Adapter with Django rest_framework ModelViewSet

I am creating an application that uses Ember and Django. For the backend of Django do I use rest_framework with the ModelViewSet as my view class. In the frontend with Ember do I use the RESTAdapter.

My backend sends data back like this:

{
    "id": 22,
    "name": "test",
    "startdate": "2019-01-01",
    "enddate": "2018-12-26"
}

while my frontend expects it like this:

{
  "appointment": {
    "id": 1,
    "name": "test", 
    "startdate": "2019-01-01",
    "enddate": "2018-12-26"
  }
}

I can't figure out how to make either end conform the other end in a nice and clean way. In the Django view class could I do this:

    def list(self, request):
        """Send all appointments."""
        serializer = AppointmentSerializer(self.queryset, many=True)

        return Response({'appointment': serializer.data})

and it would work to get the appointments, but then I would have to alter all the functions like create, update, delete etc. I feel like there has to be a clean and better maintainable way to fix this issue.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire