mardi 18 avril 2017

Emberfire read data from database that already exists

I am learning to use emberfire but I am having trouble reading data from a database that already exists. In other words, I have an iOS app that uses a firebase database. Data is constantly being changed by users on the iOS app. I am now trying to make a web app, using emberfire, that will read from the same firebase database as the one that the iOS app uses.

The problem is, when I try to use

import Ember from 'ember';

export default Ember.Route.extend({

  model() {
    return this.store.findAll('users');
  }

});

nothing is found. I am wondering if this is because the data was not written to the database from the emberfire app and therefore it is not aware of the data that the iOS app has written to the database. Does this make any sense? Shouldn't the emberfire app know to search the database for 'users' if it doesn't have any saved in the local this.store ?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire