vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Ember - Get Value From Ember Data Array

I am trying to loop over some objects in Ember in a controller, and return an array of their name attributes. I am however confused with what Ember is returning from the findAll function.


In a controller, I have the following function -



possibleGenres: function() {
var genres = this.store.findAll('genre');
var genreNames = genres.map(function(item, index, enumerable){
return item.get('name');
});
return genreNames;
}.property(),


Logging genres.get('length') gives me 0.


I have proven that there are genres available in the findAll function, as when returning the returned genres from just the findAll function, they are displayed in the template.


Am I misunderstanding something crucial about Ember controllers here?


As ever, any help is much appreciated.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire