mardi 11 avril 2017

How can I get data from a JSON XHR request to use in my template?

I'm very new to ember, and right now I simply want to call an api that generates random text, and have that text display on a page. The API and specific enpoint I'm using is "http://ift.tt/2ovGuPI" which returns a JSON response.

app/controllers/randomtext.js

import Ember from 'ember';

export default Ember.Controller.extend({
  ajax: Ember.inject.service(),
  actions: {
    sendRequest() {
      return this.get('ajax').request('http://ift.tt/2ovGuPI');
    }
  }
});    

This is making the XHR request, and returning the correct JSON object. I can see it in the chrome developer tab.

This is my app/templates/randomtext.hbs

 <h1>Random Text</h1>

 <p>test</p><button >testing</button>

Pressing the button makes the xhr request, which is solid, but I have no idea how to get the text_out property of the json response, or display any part of it. How can I (simple as possible) make a GET request to an external api endpoint, and display the response on a page in my ember app?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire