vendredi 2 mars 2018

Testing Properties on the Yielded Context of an Ember Component

There are times where I'm working on components that need to yield out data transfer objects (DTO's) for the sake of dividing concerns. For example, if I have some kind of UI component that I want to be reused in multiple contexts. I would extract this presentational component into something non-async leaving a wrapper that handles an async call when it's needed. The async component then would yield out the data of the call. An example usage would be:


  


Now, for a test, I don't want to have to use the presentation-component in tests for the call-ajax component but I need some way of making assertions about the result of the ajax call yielded as data.

My initial thought is some kind of component/helper made available only to tests that exposes an API for checking usages and what they are called with. Perhaps having something like this in the test:

this.render(hbs`
  
    
  
`);

Although, I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Are there any suggestions on how I can test the data object without printing all primitive fields from it and doing DOM lookups?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire