vendredi 6 octobre 2017

How do I get the parent context from within a component in glimmer?

Let's say I have a simple component in glimmer with a list of items

component.ts

import Component, { tracked }  from '@glimmer/component';

export default class TodoList extends Component {
  constructor(options) {
    super(options);
  }
  clickme() {
     // how do I access the parent context from here?
  }
}

template.hbs

<ul>
  
    <li onclick=></li>
  
</ul>

Even if I pass in an action from the parent

<todo-list @items= @rootclickme=></todo-list>

updated, template.hbs

<ul>
  
    <li onclick=></li>
  
</ul>

in my outer component.ts

rootclickme () {
    // I don't have access to parent variables here either?
    // only what's within the scope of the function itself?         
}

What I'm trying to do is have a component which contains a list have some effect on another component. I want it to bubble up a click event to the top, so that the parent component can decide to hide the list and show a more detailed view for a todo item.

How do I go about doing this?

Note: I'm not using full ember.js, just glimmer.js standalone




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire