jeudi 22 septembre 2016

Is it advisable to modify the resolver to achieve a pod / nonpod hybrid?

Our API makes it necessary to always have the model/serializer/adapter trio for each and every model. The non-pod structure makes this a pain to chase down those files for a single feature. The PODS feature is a real daysaver for this. However, it tweaks me a little bit to have UI stuff (routes, templates, controllers,etc) commingle with data-ish stuff (models, adapters, serializers).

We have discovered that we can extend the resolver and have our cake and eat it too. We have successfully done this in a laboratory setting:

app\pods{ui-feature-name}\route.js (and template.hbs, etc.) app\data{model-name}\model.js (and serializer.js, etc).

This isn't a question of "Can I do this?", but more of "Should I do this?" Before we embark on a nice day or two of refactoring, I'd like to know if I have a loaded gun pointed at my foot.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire